The excitement of the holidays is going to be winding down in just over a month and the joy and euphoria of your engagement will set in. You may begin to feel a flutter of panic. YOU NEED TO PLAN A WEDDING! For DIY brides wedding shows have become super important. We have compiled this simple show tutorial to hopefully help you get the most out of the wedding show experience and how to pick the best show for you.
The joy of engagements culminates during the winter months. The bridal show circuit begins the first part of January. However, here in Idaho, your wedding show experience can begin as early as next week.
Bridal shows are the most convenient way to learn about event services and gather knowledge on various event professionals. Shows can help you from cake tastings, to venue shopping, to knowing the latest dress styles. If you just became engaged over the holidays then January is "bridal Christmas." The excitement from the holidays may be calming down but the planning excitement has just begun.
Idaho's wedding shows can be found here on our EVENT PAGE.
5 pointers to help you get the most of your show experience
1. Be Prepared Pre-registering is incredibly important. Find the shows event page on Facebook as well. Get to know a bit about the vendors. Go in prepared; knowing which vendors you like and want to use can save time, energy and perhaps even money at the show.
2. Bring a friend. Not just any friend, a cautious spending friend and a friend that can help you say yes and no. Shows are often full of deals and incredible specials and it is much easier if your friend can help you cautiously look at decisions. Choose your squad wisely. You don't want to be overwhelmed with a "yes friend." You unfortunately are only having one wedding and although all of the photographers are great you can only afford one that day.
3. Pack lightly. Even if you try to avoid gathering a bunch of business cards, chances are you will be leaving with 27 lbs. of brochures and cards. Many of these cards and brochures will likely end up in the trash but it is easier to collect if you have packed lightly. While you are at the show ONLY take possibilities. If you rule a vendor out there at the show DO NOT TAKE THEIR MATERIALS. You are going to gather so much information and the last thing you need is for some of your knowledge to be skewed with extra information. Politely decline. Pack lightly in and try to pack lightly out. "Politely decline," should be your model for every show big or small.
4. Be realistic. Rome wasn't built in a day. Many brides make the mistake of setting out this one day to be: the day, the day for all planning. Book the Dj, book the venue, book the caterer, show specials, gotta make it happen. SLOW DOWN. Not everything needs to be done at the show. Enjoy yourself a little. Go home and think on some of your choices.
5. You are the BRIDE. I am sure there are times when it still shocks you. That ring that dances in the light, "it's yours!" If your mom, sisters, future mother in-law and cousins have decided to tag along you may need to remind yourself through out the day who the bride is. It's ok to occasionally just voice it. "I'm the bride!"
December 8th: PopUp Wedding Show
Designed as a small intimate show. This show is the first show of the season and is sure to delight. A limited number of vendors will allow you the opportunity to be able to meet each of them and get to know their personalities a bit. There will also be wine. Yes the four letter word that we all like to hear.
January 21st: Idaho Wedding Experience
The traditional wedding show experience. The BIG show of the year. Over 50 vendors and held at the Ford Idaho Center this is the show to gather maximum information. Head out with a game plan and be ready to tackle the world of wedding shows. IDoWED is a proud sponsor of The Idaho Wedding Experience.
February 18th: Belles and Beaux
The Vintage Wedding Show hosted by I Love Boise Weddings will begin Saturday February 18th at 10 a.m. This Idaho wedding show will include vendor booths, contests, and even a real wedding. It meets all the elements of a traditional wedding show and it is located at the stunning Chateau Des Fleurs.
We will return that evening for V.I.B.E VIBE is a new take on Belles and Beaux. We will take your vintage wedding planning and great ideas and turn them in to a party. Doors open at 5 and you will be greeted with champagne and fun. IDoWED will host an evening fashion show, dinner, dancing, and get up close and personal with your wedding vendors. Dressing in formal attire and enjoying the evening. VIBE is an event for an elite group of brides. (Very Important Bride Event) Tickets are limited to 100 Brides.
Wine tasting, fashion show, bridal gift bags, dancing, one on one time with the top vendors in the wedding industry and you get to experience the Chateau Life. Dinner served by Chateau Des Fleurs. This is the perfect girls night out, mom and daughter planning day, or perhaps a late Valentine dinner. Come and enjoy your time at Chateau Des Fleurs.